Header Ads

ASH House - I.R.A.

A site is a city area in Asahikawa-shi, Hokkaido, Japan.

When considering the house built on the heavy snowfall background of the arctic cold which will be midwinter-20 ℃, we paid our attention to "snow" and a "roof."


Casa ASH - I.R.A.


Although the proposal with various roof forms of a snowy country residence is made, generally, only equipment and cost are considered and it is hardly related to the "space" in which people live.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Then, we proposed the house of the roof displeased extremely.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

By considering it as a 60-degree steep slope roof, various snow damage and snowy load are mitigable only with the natural snow coverage to the ground.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

The form produced as the result makes comfortable interior space. And I thought that a building continues being built in the figure carried out valiantly without being clothed in snowy clothes.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.



Architects: International Royal Architecture
Location: Hokkaido, Japan
Design Team: Akinori Kasegai, Daisuke Tsunakawa
Project Year: 2010
Collaborators: Hideyuki Hagiuda
Photographs: I.R.A.


Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

Casa ASH - I.R.A.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.